Jesus, thank you!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Thoughts and a Quote

1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.

There is something in a man that yearns for accomplishment. When he is effective, and he realizes that hard work is paying off, he gets a sense of worth, confidence, and fulfillment. A man who doesn't put much effort into what he does, meanders about with little or no purpose for living. If he ever does have purpose, it quickly fades as he wonders into something new. May I, with Paul, feel as if I am working hard. And when that happens may I see it as the grace of God. Lord, help me to be purposeful!

God has appointed, I believe, that good things be hard work. Work is appointed for us. Prayer is not a replacement for work. It is the atmosphere of work. It is what gives to work it's supernatural effectiveness. -John Piper

Posted by Jeremy Turner :: 8:33 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------