Jesus, thank you!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Their Lives

Phi 2:1 So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,
Phi 2:2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.

The lives of those to whom Paul ministered consumed Him. I am reminded of our series in Thessalonians where we learned about Christian love. There are many ways that we can have an unhealthy focus on our friends. I do believe we are to be in a passionate pursuit of the hearts of those we love, but the correct mindset and motives are demonstrated here, just as we've seen in 1thess 2.

What does it take to ease our minds? What does it take to put us in a "good mood"? Does our peace of mind come from having some extra money after the bills are paid, the arrival of the weekend, resolved conflicts? What really does it for me? Is it something centered around me, that only affects me, or is my passion seeing those I know growing in their knowledge of Christ, and their love for one another. Can my whole world be falling apart, and yet be full of joy, because those who I love with the love of Christ are growing? I have a long way to go.

Posted by Jeremy Turner :: 7:10 AM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------