Jesus, thank you!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Country Music Christianity








When it comes to talkin' bout "Sunday Morning Christianity", Country Music artist, Craig Morgan says it best!


Raymond's in his Sunday best,
He's usually up to his chest in oil an' grease.
There's the Martin's walkin' in,
With that mean little freckle-faced kid,
Who broke a window last week.
Sweet Miss Betty likes to sing off key in the pew behind me.

That's what I love about Sunday:
Sing along as the choir sways;
Every verse of Amazin' Grace,
An' then we shake the Preacher's hand.
Go home, into your blue jeans;
Have some chicken an' some baked beans.
Pick a back yard football team,
Nothin' much of anything:
That's what I love about Sunday.

There are a lot of people in our community who do not know God, but have a "moral goodness" of sorts. Some of these folks may be saved by the Gospel according to CMT, but do not know the God of the bible from George W. Bush. I find the town in which I live to be full of "saved" lost people. The bible says that the heart set on the flesh is hostile toward God, and cannot submit to His law. How do you convince one of these "God friendly" people that they are actually lost, let alone hostile toward God? One might argue, "you don't have to convince anyone of anything, that's God's job". Though that's true, I believe we are called to plead with people, and do our best to convince them of the truth (Acts 28:23-24). Last Sunday, people who reject God were warned in the message. This caused me to think back to the countless times I was warned when I was lost. Knowing these warnings had once went right over my head, I asked myself these questions: "What does Romans 8 Hostility look like in the hearts and lives of the "moral"? How can we confront "good" people with the truth? What can be said to someone who thinks they love God, but obviously lives for themselves? I think these are important questions, because this is what we are dealing with for the most part. Also, check out my dad's latest post, "The Great Controversy" and Josh's latest post, "Results of Preaching the Gospel"

Posted by Jeremy Turner :: 8:37 AM :: 8 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------