Jesus, thank you!

Monday, January 30, 2006

Sermon on the Mount: Hunger

There have been times that I've gone to restaurants, and arrived really hungry. The waitress takes the order and brings some bread. After 45 minutes or so, my food comes. When I first arrived I was pretty hungry, but instead of patiently waiting on my food, I spent my time eating the whole basket of bread. After filling myself with bread, it's all I can do to eat what I ordered. As Christians there are reasons for not being hungry for the Word. The bible speaks a lot about waiting on Him. How many times have I filled myself up with other things, while "waiting" so when it came time to meet with the Lord, there was no room left? In order to be hungry, we must deny ourselves the things that may not be bad in and of themselves, but soak up all of our affections. May I become someone who has a large appetite for righteousness; one who is willing to wait to be satisfied by only him.

Matt. 5:6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."

Posted by Jeremy Turner :: 7:22 AM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------